Today, I turn 30(!). There are so many emotions that come with milestone birthdays but today, the most overwhelming emotion is excitement. Excited I made it this far, excited for where I am in life, and most excited for what’s next. As much as I feel the same, I feel different. Like your twenties are a blurry image of yourself and in your thirties, the lens starts to focus and who you are and what you want becomes clearer. One of my best friends, Natassia, articulates it perfectly. At thirty, you realize life’s too long to fake it and it’s about living your true self, no matter what others may think.
So with that said, I wanted to give you closer glimpse into who I am by sharing thirty fun facts about me. Here goes.
1. I was born and raised in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.
2. I’ve loved Frank Sinatra from a young age.
3. My middle name is Leigh.
4. I majored in broadcast journalism and went into news reporting after college.
5. During college, I interned for ABC News in Denver, Washington D.C., and national events like the 2008 election.
6. I met Neema a month after turning 23 at a news station in Monroe, Louisiana.
7. By day, I’m an Account Executive for a technology start-up in San Francisco. I can say I truly love my job and the people I work with.
8. I’m scared to fly though the more I do it, the easier it gets.
9. I was a major tomboy growing up. Maybe someday I’ll share a photo. But probably not.
10. My favorite place on Earth is Positano, Italy. It’s like walking through a postcard.
11. My family and friends calls me “Meggie”.
12. I don’t watch a lot of television, but when I do, I watch reruns of Friends. I’ll never stop.
13. I love french culture. It influences my wardrobe and home decor.
14. I hate getting my nails done but I always have a manicure.
15. I love a little healthy competition. I take board games very seriously.
16. I have one older brother, one step-brother, and three step-sisters.
17. My lucky number is 22.
18. I don’t identify with a spirit animal but Neema says it’s a Pomeranian.
19. My southern accent comes out after a drink or two.
20. I operate on a ridiculous amount of water and panic if my water bottle’s not near.
21. My favorite foods: Nana’s biscuits and gravy and Mom’s chicken and dumplings. Oh, and any fried chicken.
22. I am always humming a country song.
23. The book “The Secret” changed my life. I keep a Gratitude Journal to help me keep up with it’s teachings.
24. According to Gramps, we are descendants of Willam Wallace.
25. I used to play in a bowling league. I was surprisingly good.
26. I was a blonde throughout high school. It was not a good look.
27. I married into a Persian family and love being a part of such a fun, beautiful culture.
28. My drinks of choice are peppery red wine, brut rosé, and dirty martinis (three olives).
29. I’m happiest by or on a body of water.
30. There’s nothing I value more than my family and friends.
Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! They mean so much! xo